Position Summary: The Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist III, is responsible for the design, development, implementation, management and support of mission critical enterprise BI reporting and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes and environments. Responsible for helping the structure, strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities.
1. Work closely with end users to identify requirements for new systems and customizations.
2. Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to drive data store/data warehouse/ data mart design and configuration.
3. Extensive use of SQL and RDBMS systems (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
4. Support the current BI platform including SAP Business Objects (4.2), IDT, Dashboard Design, Mobile, Analysis products and Power BI.
5. Ability to generate reports, drill down reports, drill-through reports and parameterized reports using Business Objects.
6. Coordinate the testing and implementation of business intelligence systems.
7. Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
8. Recommend new business intelligence systems solutions to management.
9. Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills are required to support end users.
10. Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
11. Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as assess and adjust quickly to changes. priorities
12. Perform additional duties or assignments as required by management.
1. Bachelor*s degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent.
2. 5 * 7 years of Data Warehousing and SQL development with SQL Server 2012/2014/2016.
3. Strong Knowledge of SAP Business Objects, Mobile, Analysis products and Power BI.
4. Working knowledge utilizing Microsoft ETL/data integration tools (SSIS and T-SQL scripts).
5. Demonstrate SQL skills with experience in developing stored procedures, views, functions, triggers, and advanced logical methods.
6. Experience with data warehouse implementations and data migrations.
7. Strong knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts.
8. Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
9. Knowledge of IBM DataStage products a plus.
10. Demonstrate analytic, written, and oral communication skills.
11. Passing of background check, which may include verification of prior employment, criminal conviction history, educational and driving records.
35 Nutmeg Drive Trumbull, CT, 06611Contact