Apex Systems is currently seeking an experience ETL Architect (Data Architect) with strong experience supporting Data Warehouses that supported Healthcare or Hospital related data. Strong experience with SSIS, ETL, SQL and some exposure to Python and Big Data technologies is required. This role is a direct, full-time hire for Apex direct client and this role is a 100% remote role.
For immediate consideration please contact Jason Biser at .Title:
ETL Architect | Data Architect Location:
Remote (100% - short and long term) Type of Employment:
This is a permanent, direct hire role with Apex client. We are not looking for Contact, Consulting or C2C arrangements for this position. Employee will need to be able to provide work authorization to work in the US with no current or future visa sponsorship needs. Job Description:
Under general supervision, is responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and support of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions, including working with business and clinical teams to define requirements and translating them to operational tools using data warehouse best practices. Works in a team closely aligned with Population Health Services and a Data Analytics team.Duties and Responsibilities
- Gathers requirements for data solutions by conversations with clinicians or administrators, either individually or as part of a design team.
- Documents design using diagrams, matrices and prototype mock-ups.
- Develops logical data models in modeling software.
- Translates logical models to physical data models within the database development tools.
- Identifies conformed dimensions and opportunities for master data management and agree approach with peers.
- Specifies and/or develops Extract Transform and Load logic (ETL).
- Works with data source owners to specify and create extracts from their source.
- Documents data dictionaries including entities, attributes, processes and relationships of our applications/databases.
- Develops and supports OLAP cube solutions for aggregation type projects.
- Develops reporting solutions and extracts for external reporting solutions.
- Tests ETL and reporting; documents issues and status.
- Troubleshoots reported issues.
- Educates end users on the use of the warehouse via query and/or reporting tools.
- Promotes the use of the warehouse tools by end users and the data source owners.
- Participates in data governance activities.
- Optimizes queries and warehouse solutions.
- Works with the Database Administrator and Server teams to optimize the database technology.
- Participates in technology roadmap planning and warehouse growth planning.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of emerging and current data technology.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of experience in Data Warehouse Design, ETL experience including 2+ years' working with Big Data technologies.
- 5+ years' of experience with SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) including strong SQL experience.
- 3+ years' experience working with Hospital or Healthcare related data
- 2+ years' with PowerBI or similar reporting development tools.
- 3+ years' experience with Snowflake Schema.
- Python 3 experience.
- Experience with Data Libraries a plus.
- Experience with scripting utilities a plus
- Certifications with EPIC a bonus: Clarity, Kaboodle
- Experience with any Cloud Data Lake is a plus as looking to move in that direction in the future.
Application Delivery Lead
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or