We hire the best; we hire the right people to do the right things!
We are a dynamic, innovative company that excels in an ever-changing industry. If you are excited about the prospect of pursuing personal growth and advancement while offering help to those who need it, then we will welcome your application.
JOB TITLE: ETL Data Integration Specialist / Developer
SUMMARY: The ETL Data Integration Specialist / Developer is responsible for the design, development, testing, execution, and quality assurance of both automated and manual data ETL, integration, and exchange processes between HFI and our clients. Works extensively with large sets of data and develops secure and efficient processes, utilizing various software applications to streamline and expedite the generation of client facing reports.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the efficient, compliant, timely, and secure acquisition, integration, provision, and exchange of the enterprise data between HFI and our clients.
- Responsible for reporting specifications, including report creation, data validation, and report validation.
- Reviews reports to determine basic characteristics such as origin and report flow, format, frequency, distribution and purpose of function of report.
- Review and maintain entire suite of reports in various systems with business users to evaluate which reports should be saved, eliminated or redone as requirements and business needs change.
- Develop both ongoing and ad-hoc reports that will be used for internal reporting needs.
- Prepare and issue instructions concerning generation, completion, and distribution of reports according to new or revised practices, procedures, informational needs or report management practices.
- Liaise with other IT staff to keep updates documentation of process, workflows and user requirements.
- Work with internal business and technology staff to accurately gather and interpret requirements, specifications, and database models to determine appropriate ETL development solutions. Works closely with Finance to create integrated reports using data from Great Plains accounting package and data from our homegrown Access/SQL applications.
- Develop ETL technical specifications and recommend, design, develop, test, implement/automate, and support innovative and optimal data solutions.
- Develop and document technical best practices for ETL-related automations including data movement, data aggregation, data quality, and data cleansing.
- Assess and document the structure, quality, and compliance of source data and coordinate with business and technology staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Create, execute, and document unit test plans for ETL and data integration processes and programs.
- Monitor and administer automated and manual data integration and ETL jobs to verify execution and measure performance.
- Communicate project status, issues, and accomplishments periodically to staff and users requesting reports.
- Assist other employees in the ETL tools, programs, processes, and best practices.
- Participate in future implementation phases of major CRM deployment project.
- Provide backup support to System Administrator and Applications Programmer as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems with 1-2 years of experience or equivalent work experience (i.e. ETL/Data Integration Specialist with 1-3 years of experience in an enterprise business environment).
- Must have experience with ETL tools. Pentaho Spoon preferable.
- Must be familiar with common data warehousing tasks such as data staging, data integration, building conformed dimensions and mapping tables.
- Experience working with high volume data exchange and integrating large (100m + rows) structured and unstructured data in multiple formats, character sets, and delivery methods.
- Experience or knowledge of Machine Learning desirable.
- Experience or knowledge of Matlab desirable.
- Experience working with BI tools a plus.
- Expert-level SQL user strongly preferred.
- Experienced with scripting and scheduling tools to build data processing and reporting automations.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel (formatting, formulas, pivot tables, macros, cell ranges, hyperlink) and Microsoft Access (queries, reporting). Solid experience in VB6, VB.net. Experience with other Microsoft applications and plug-ins (InfoPath, SharePoint, Scribe, Great Plains), a plus. Security, networking and DBA skills a plus.
- Expertise in working with technical and business teams to extract and document data integration/exchange requirements.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet monthly deadlines.
- Takes pride in one's work; very detail-oriented and thorough.
- Must have experience with at least one major ETL toolset.
When you join us you can look forward to:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Life Insurance & Buy-Up Options
- Accidental Death & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Jury Duty and Bereavement
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Competitive Pay & Benefits
- FREE Parking & Shuttle Services to Train Station
- FREE On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Discounts Programs for Products & Services
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Voluntary Insurance Enhancements: Short Term Disability, AFLAC
HFI is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion. We recognize the rich variety of backgrounds, experiences and points of view of a diverse staff that enhances both the quality of the services we provide and the excitement and innovative spirit of our work culture.
We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation and/or genetic information.