Kforce has a client in search of an ETL Developer (SSIS) in Boston, Massachusetts (MA).
Working under the direction of the Principal Data Architect, this position will participate in the design, architecture, security, development, and performance tuning of an Enterprise Data Warehouse at this client. The primary focus of this role will be ETL development using SSIS. You will collaborate with the Data Architect, the Data Modeler, Business Analysts, Business Intelligence Developers, and another ETL Developer to build robust, high performance ETL processes.
* Responsibilities include installing, configuring, upgrading and patching database, web server and application software managing and monitoring multiple development, test and production environments, triaging and resolving operational issues working with development teams on system design and performance tuning working with release staff to plan and deploy database and application code to production environments, and designing and implementing database and server security protocols
* Works directly with internal customers to provide analysis, recommendations and solutions for creating, upgrading, integrating, and managing database and application systems in a distributed environment
* Keeps up with emerging technology and trends with respect to enterprise applications and database systems
* Applies knowledge of enterprise systems on a variety of operating systems in a large, complex data center environment
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
* 5 years of SQL Development experience - SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc.
* 2 years of SSIS development experience
* Strong understanding of data models; Able to navigate unfamiliar data models of all types and to develop methods for reliably and accurately extracting data from them; Must have a solid understanding of Ralph Kimball Data Warehouse design methodologies
* SQL performance tuning expertise
* Good organization skills
* Very strong attention to detail
* Willingness to follow established development standards
* Able to collaborate well with peers in a team environment
Nice to Haves:
* SQL Server DBA skills
* Windows Server sysadmin skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.