Definitive Logic seeks an ETL Developer for an ongoing data warehousing project. The candidate must be able to handle a variety of tasks to support maintenance and enhancements of the data warehouse. Additionally, the candidate will need to analyze enterprise applications to determine the feasibility of reporting requirements and develop ETL processes using Informatica, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL to populate the data warehouse. The candidate must be able to clearly communicate data model designs and ETL processes to customers, report developers and other ETL developers.
- Develop data models (Kimball Star Models) to support reporting requirements
- Analyze Enterprise IT systems to determine locations of data elements necessary for reporting requirements.
- Develop ETL processes using SQL and shell scripting to extract data from source systems, transform the data into the necessary format and load it into the data warehouse.
- Develop technical design documents clearly explaining modifications to existing ETL processes and data models. - Maintain existing ETL code.
- Fluent with SQL
- Experience with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) data processing.
- Understanding of data modeling practices using third normal form.
- Understanding of the Kimball Star Model approach to data warehousing
- Ability to analyze and understand existing enterprise applications and databases
- Ability to analyze and understand existing SQL scripts and ETL processes.
- Experience with SSIS and Informatica
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle
- U.S. citizenship
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, engineering, or comparable work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across numerous work streams
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through.
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
3000 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 250 Arlington, VA, 22201