Responsible for developing user interfaces and/or complex integration of existing applications using current technologies for information technology solutions that support the business operations and objectives of Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company and their customers. Primarily uses SAP Bods, SQL and Cognos to meet the business needs of the end users and Grinnell Mutual while using current technologies.
- Designs and develops assigned projects to meet the business needs and requirements of the end user while adding technological efficiencies that incorporate a future focus. Includes thorough unit testing on projects prior to release to ensure success of programed solution.
- Debugs and updates existing applications by analyzing problems that are reported and implementing the best solution. Communicates issues, concerns, and development progress throughout the development cycle with the Business Analyst and/or IT Manager.
- Analyzes the technology needs of the business unit and provides user-oriented recommendations and solutions that interface with existing applications. May require new programming and/or updates to current work.
- Remains current with technological developments and evaluates the feasibility of incorporating new technologies into new or supported applications.
- Converts project specifications into a sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into functional business applications.
- Performs tests of programmed solutions to verify the functionality and performance to meet end user requirements and specifications.
- Documents and maintains logic and business rules used in an application to ensure consistency and clarity in programming logic. Maintains status to document completed and in-process assignments.