ETL Developer POSITION DESCRIPTION
Highpoint is looking for an experienced ETL Developer to support a data warehousing project in Washington DC. As an ETL Developer, you will be responsible for designing and testing ETL data processes, capturing and analyzing business requirements, and developing reports. To be successful, it is critical that you are flexible and able to work well within a team environment. EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related discipline
- 5 10 years experience in data warehousing
- Excellent knowledge of data warehousing, dimensional, relational, and OLAP data modeling
- Demonstrated independent problem-solving skills and ability to develop solutions to complex analytical/data-driven problems
- 5-10 years experience in data warehouse and data mart development (SQL Server or Oracle)
- 5-10 years experience designing and developing ETL programs and stored procedures for Data Warehousing (using tools such as SSIS, Informatica, Ab Initio, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to work with a team
- Good communication skills
- Experience working on a Federal contract
- Big Data and Machine Learning experience a plus
- Experience with SAP Business Objects, Embarcadero ER Studio, and Tableau
- Experience with source control repository
- Experience with Financial Data Warehouse
- Design, develop and test ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) data processes (using SQL SSIS)
- Work with Business analysts to understand requirements and create technical specifications
- Develop Source-to-Target mappings
- Develop and execute unit test plans
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
- Relocation will not be offered
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 350 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Reston and Herndon, Virginia.
#DI HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status. HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint s legal duty to furnish information.