Location is in new haven CT- my client is in the insurance industry-
Phone interview IN person interviews a must after the phone interivews
12 month contract with most likely extensions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in data warehousing, business intelligence tools, and the analysis of data.
2. Minimum of 3 years of SQL query development, preferably in multiple database management platforms, and working with normalized relational databases and dimensional data warehouse implementations.
3. Proficiency in ETL/ELT concepts and tools (Informatica IICS and PowerCenter preferred).
4. Experience with cloud-based database technologies required.
5. Working knowledge of data warehousing concepts, structures and ETL best practices.
6. Experience using query tools (e.g. AQT, MS Query).
7. Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) desirable.
as well as begin building new ETL/ELT workflows and data pipelines as we move towards a cloud environment. The Data Movement Engineer will support our data architects, data analysts, and business intelligence developers on various data initiatives. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data requirements of multiple teams and systems. The ideal candidate will also possess experience in the data management domain and be willing to contribute their technical skills and experience towards the development of elegant and efficient data processes and systems.
1. Complete full life cycle of ETL/ELT development to address business needs or resolve issues including design, mappings, data transformations, scheduling and testing.
2. Translate data movement requirements into technical designs.
3. Develop ETL/ELT workflows, mappings, and data pipelines to extract, transform, and load data into target environments.
4. Develop data extraction and transmissions to external vendors.
5. Develop test plans and perform unit testing.
6. Create supporting documentation for new processes.
7. Work closely with data analysts to gain understanding of business processes and corporate data.
8. Determine impacts to data warehouse structures and information flows due to changes in business or technical requirements.
9. Contribute to architectural decisions to support business processes.
10. Provide production support for data solutions.
11. Complete root cause analysis and contribute to remediation planning and implementation.
12. Perform data quality analysis, report data quality issues and propose solutions for data quality management.
13. Learn and expand upon internal controls and participate in customer support.
35 Nutmeg Drive Trumbull, CT, 06611Contact