This Fortune 500 company is Orange County is a top employer of software and data engineers. This is an urgent contract which starts at the end of March, joining a fast past team building ETL pipelines for ML models and solutions.
This engineer needs to have 3 years of production experience using PySpark and AWS. This contract can support remote engineers but any conversion efforts can only be taken with local engineers who can work onsite eventually in Santa Ana, California Required Skills & Experience
What You Will Be Doing
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other related field preferred.
- Must have 3 years of experience programming in Python,
- Must have experience with PySpark
- Must have experience in AWS environments, big data preferred
- Experience building ETL data pipelines/Machine Learning or Data Science Pipelines
- Work as part of a team to support business analytics for growing online consumer subscription service.
- Acquire understanding on existing data, perform analysis and provide ETL solutions
- Develop and troubleshoot PySpark jobs in AWS environment
- Support and enhance existing ETL jobs in SQL
- Participate in requirement gathering, solution design and implementation of data warehouse and reporting projects.
- Work with Engineering teams to explore and understand new data being introduced to front end application
- Create and maintain ETL specifications and process documentations to produce the required data deliverables
- Troubleshoot and resolve data, system, and performance issues.
- Hourly rate: $63/HR
- Contract Duration: 5 months
- Chance of conversion to direct hire/extension of contract is possible but not guaranteed, local candidates only for conversion.
You will receive the following benefits:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) match
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Challenging technology challenges