Position: ETL developer with Snowflake experience & MDM knowledge
Location: Remote (Client locations: Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL, NJ)
Contract type: Full time
Description: As a member of the client Data and Analytics team, you help cultivate the culture of data-driven decision-making across our business. From business analytics to pricing optimization to purchasing decisions, the Analytics team brings the power of our extensive data assets and capabilities to bear on client’s most important decisions.
We are in search of an experienced ETL engineer's mind to help drive client’s operations experience initiatives and provide meaningful insight to the teams that will deliver business value.
This position will own development of all aspects of data processing including data warehouse architecture, modeling and ETL Processing from beginning to end including opportunity identification, problem scoping, framing analysis, execution of analysis, and presenting results in a tangible and digestible way to stakeholders and executives.
To summarize, we are in search of a candidate who produces superb analyses while maintaining a keen eye on the relevant business objective(s).
- Partner with business stakeholders to gather requirements and translate them into technical specifications and process documentation for IT counterparts (on-prem and offshore)
- Design, build and manage data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata, and workload management
- Develop a deep understanding of operations, data, data sources, and data integration with a view to creating deep and meaningful insights that drive business value
- Work with the Data Product team to identify and import data from a variety of ERP sources into our cloud-based environment to support future analytics needs
- Develop and ensure adherence to published system architectural decisions and development standards
- Multi-task across several ongoing projects and daily duties of varying priorities as required
- Interact with technical teams to communicate business requirements and collaboratively build data solutions.
- Understand the basics of data science and data science platforms to work with data science teams in refining and optimizing data science and machine learning models and algorithms
- Work with data governance and data security teams when moving data pipelines into production with appropriate data quality, governance and security standards and certification
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field with 7 years of experience or Master's with 5 years of experience.
EXPERIENCE (and Other Qualifications)
- 7+ years' experience working in ETL positions in operational environments or business consulting organizations
- Excellent communication skills with a track record of successfully advocating to turn insights into action
- ETL/ELT, data replication/CDC, message-oriented data movement, API design and access.
- Hands on experience in Matillion as the ETL tool
- Experience with Snowflake cloud data platform including Snowflake utilities like Snow SQL, Snow Pipe. Snowflake certification is a huge plus
- Strong expertise in data modeling and building Logical Data Model (LDM), and Physical Data Model (PDM), Star/Snowflake Schema to assist in fast reporting and BI dashboards.
- Must have exposure with development, configuration, and deployment on Azure Cloud technologies
- Experience with programming languages, including Python, R and Java, SQL, PL/SQL for relational databases
- Exposure to reporting tools using Qlik Sense and MicroStrategy
- Experience in automation the test cases for regression testing, integrating testing as part of the automation / DevOps pipeline
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future