Do you want to be part of a Data Warehouse team handling over 120 terabytes of data and building the next generation analytics platform for a leading financial firm? At Schwab, the Global Data Technology (GDT) organization governs the strategy and implementation of the enterprise data warehouse and emerging data platforms. We help Sales, Marketing, Finance and executive leadership make fact-based decisions by integrating and analyzing data.
We are looking for a data engineer who has passion for data integration technologies and comes with data warehousing background. Someone who has experience in designing and coding ETL and one who wants to be part of a team that is actively delivering projects in Teradata, Big Data and working towards migrating to cloud technology.What you are good at
What you have
- Lead team in execution of development and delivery of the organization's software products to QA, and ultimately to Production
- Manage day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage, follow and support Agile software development practices
- Interface with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, QA and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget
- Work with Scrum Master and product owner to provide development sizing & cost analysis estimates
- Creating/updating ETL specifications and supporting documentation
- Developing ETL logic utilizing Informatica workflows, scripting and load utilities
- Building and maintaining code for big data ingestion using Talend, Sqoop, Hive etc
- Designing schemas, data models and data architecture for Teradata and Big Query environments
- Designing, building and support data processing pipelines to transform data in Big Query or Teradata platforms
- Developing and executing quality assurance and test scripts
- Work with business analysts to understand business requirements and use cases
- Problem solving and fixing technical issues
Why work for us?
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in understanding of best practices for building and designing ETL code
- Strong SQL experience with the ability to develop, tune and debug complex SQL applications is required
- Knowledge in schema design, developing data models and proven ability to work with complex data is required
- Experience in ETL such as IICS/Informatica and Talend tools is required
- Strong Teradata coding and utilities experience is required
- Experience in working in large environments such as RDBMS, EDW, NoSQL, etc. is required
- Hands-on experience with Big Query, Hive, SPARK, and Kafka is a plus
- Understanding Hadoop file format and compressions is a plus
- Experience with scheduling tools (eg. Control M, ESP)
- Understanding of best practices for building Data Lake and analytical architecture on Hadoop is preferred
- Knowledge in real time data ingestion into Big Query is preferred
- Experience with Test Driven Code Development, SCM tools such as GIT, Jenkins is preferred
- Experience collaborating with business and technology partners and offshore development teams
- Good interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.