As an ETL Test Engineer, you will test ETL and BI applications to support a large healthcare client’s Actuarial DataMart project.
Why You’ll Want to Work at xScion…
- We have an amazing culture – We were named Best Places to Work in VA in 2016 & 2017
- We are poised for rapid growth – We are on the cutting edge of digital transformation in healthcare, education and finance and continuously welcoming new clients to the xScion family.
- We believe in your continuous development – We invest in our teams’ development, paying for certifications and trainings to improve their skills because we are committed to being the best at what we do.
- You’ll work with the best – We hire great people. Period.
- And because we truly care about you and our clients. - We are run by real people for real people, creating flexibility, balance, respect and fun in the workplace.
As part of the team, you will…
- Participate in all Agile and Waterfall team activities.
- Analyze user stories to determine the appropriate testing methods and processes.
- Utilize the Hewlett Packard testing tool suite for test case creation, execution, reporting, and defect logging.
- Conduct test case reviews to ensure test cases accurately capture functionality identified in user acceptance criteria.
- Work directly with members (Requirement Analysts, Developers, Scrum Master, and Project Manager) of the Scrum team to deliver a quality product to the customer.
- Perform data analysis and rigorous testing to ensure high quality product including end-to-end testing.
- Provide customer support to the external User Acceptance test teams.
- Create manual and automated scripts for regression testing and in sprint automation, as needed.
To be successful, you need…
- Testing experience within Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- An understanding of the testing and development life cycle methodologies.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in testing ETL and BI applications with minimum 5 years’ experience in testing Data Warehouse or Big Data applications.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in performing Web-service testing using SOAPUI or other equivalent tools.
- Extensive experience in Structured Query Language (SQL), constructing automated validation packages in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or comparable tools and technologies
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in enrollment and claims processing in healthcare industry.
- Eight (8) years of experience in manual and automated testing, be able to build automation scripts using HP Unified Functional Testing, Selenium or equivalent tools to support in-sprint “on the fly” automation.
- Eight (8) years of experience using HP Quality Center/ALM or an equivalent tool.
- Familiarity with HP Agile Manager or equivalent tool.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (in English).
We are looking for forward-thinking, team-oriented experts who thrive on helping clients achieve success in today’s digital world. So, if you are interested in working for a growing, innovative and dynamic company – we’d love to hear from you. Apply today.
Now, to the details.
We offer excellent perks:
We not only offer standard benefits like great medical, dental, 401k match, Flex Spending and more, but we also offer unique perks such as 26 days off a year (including your birthday!), company events, games, and many other things that inspire balance and flexibility.
We’re transforming today’s businesses.
xScion is a Virginia-based, woman-owned Information Technology consulting firm that solves critical business problems for Healthcare, Financial Services and Education enterprises nationwide. xScion’s SMART Enterprise Solutions include Strategy, Data and Delivery services that help clients achieve organizational breakthroughs in less time, with greater precision.
Want to learn more about xScion?
Check us at out on www.xscion.com or socially at LinkedIn, Twitter and Glassdoor
At xScion, we celebrate diversity in all forms. xScion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.