Creating value by bringing together the right people to achieve results is our motto. Our clients and employees say they choose to work with us because of how we work with them - with service that exceeds their expectations and a personal commitment to their success.
With a publicly traded American company that provides physician practices, hospitals, and other healthcare providers with practice management and electronic health record technology seeks an accomplished ETL Tester.
*** Candidate must be authorized to work in USA without requiring sponsorship ***
- Develop automated and manual SQL test scripts to test ETL loads, data aggregations, data conversions, data extracts and the data warehouse
- Identify test data requirements and create test data as needed
- Execute tests, document and publish test results
- Communicate issues to the team and assist in root cause analysis
- Provide a critical role in a highly-agile Scrum environment working against light requirements
- Must be comfortable working in time-sensitive, mission-critical situations with end-users
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other Test Engineers
- Contribute to quality assurance standards and procedures
- If appropriate to role, define comprehensive test or product/process quality strategy and plan aligned with project scope, and quality processes and targets. A test strategy encompasses manual and automated test efforts.
- If appropriate to role, direct and monitor the full range of testing or process auditing activities within team for the project’s lifecycle in collaboration with project/program management.
- If appropriate to role, define and institutionalize testing processes or development methodologies and guidelines across organization. Ensure adherence to all quality processes followed in the team. This responsibility can include establishing and institutionalizing standards for reporting, manual and automated test creation and execution, etc.
- If appropriate to role, keep view to product quality and trends. Develop and leverage an understanding of gaps and how they can be improved by test and/or process efforts to improve product stability and quality. Propose ROI-based approaches to address gaps.
- Assure product quality through the development of ‘net-new’ manual or automated test scripts. This effort should maximize the ROI while minimizing quality risks. Output consistent with department’s guidelines.
- Assure process quality and consistency through development or adherence to guidelines and standards appropriate to product and industry and/or development life cycle.
- Leverage (if necessary, develop) metrics-based governance, relevant reporting and audit mechanisms. Assist project manager in identifying data to maintain, and KPIs to analyze and report against.
- When involved in testing, ensure test design is traceable to requirement and achieves a high level of requirement and test execution coverage. Continuously improve test scripts and product coverage. Complete all updates test cases, test scripts, test harnesses, test guidelines according to schedule.
- Execute all assigned testing, whether manual or automated, according to schedule and any productivity targets committed.
- Support root cause analysis exercises against target areas, propose corrective approaches for measurable improvements, track and report progress; communicate the plans and results effectively to drive change. Collect and analyze data and other findings, according to plans.
- Produce reports that are clear, effective, insightful, and traceable – whether for defects discovered during test or non-compliance issues found during a process review or audit. Utilize existing tracking systems, report mechanisms, agreed conventions, and metrics when preparing and providing such reports.
- Escalate concerns about project/product/process quality in clear, timely, collaborative, constructive way.
- Knowledgeable and conversant in defect prevention and associated tools and methodologies.
- Participate in improvement initiatives. Develop Quality Assurance plans or Test Plans and embed appropriate activities as part of project/product development plans.
- Objectively evaluate processes and products against applicable standards, and procedures.
- Participate in defect reviews or other project efforts, providing clear status when needed.
Skill Set Desired:
- Self starter with excellent communication skills
- 5+ years of experience writing complex SQL, stored procedures and scripts to support test activities
- 5+ years of database centric test experience with at least 2 years in a multi-terabyte Data Warehouse environment
- 2+ years of experience executing as part of a Scrum team
- 2+ years of experience with a script language
- Familiarity with Data Warehouse dimensional modeling concepts
- Experience in an environment that uses ETL tools such as Informatica, Data Stage, AbInitio, Talend, SSIS, or other data integration platform
- Healthcare Industry experience knowledge of CCDA and Clinical Quality Measures (CQM)
- Experience with data warehouse appliances such as Netezza, Greenplum or Teradata
- Experience in C#, Java, Python, Ruby or Selenium
- Experience with MS SQL Server and Mongo
- Hands on experience with Informatica
- Experience testing Tableau reports
- Jenkins or similar continuous integration systems
I'd love to talk to you if you think this position is right up your alley.
If you're looking for rewarding employment and a company that puts its employees first, we'd like to work with you. We're driven, people driven.
NOTE: Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening. Qualified candidates with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.