At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories, and new job opportunities you may be interested in.Responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities
You will be responsible for programming a feature and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and works with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but works independently.
In this role, you will:
- Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
- Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end web applications
- Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 2 years of professional experience.
- Experience developing web applications (Spring, RESTful, Jersey, RestEasy,JAX-WS, Web Services)
- Experience with database tools (JPA, Hibernate,JDBC, Spring Data)
- Experience with rules engines (Camel, Drools, JRules) & modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)
- Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
- Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
- Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
- Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
- Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
- Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
- Demonstrate the ability to help team members
- Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
- Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new
- Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.