Job ID: 2210334 Location:
GREENBELT , MD , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is looking for a talented and goal-oriented individual to join our team in NASA's Global Modeling and Assimilation Office (GMAO). The selected candidate will work closely with contractor and NASA staff to contribute to the development, testing, and maintenance of the GMAO's Goddard Earth Observing System (GEOS) atmospheric data assimilation system. The duties of this position are to provide support to the following:
- Component development of the Joint Effort for Data assimilation Integration (JEDI)-based atmospheric analysis system necessary for the GMAO to implement in future GEOS products.
- Contribute to the replacement of the current atmospheric ensemble analysis system with a JEDI-based equivalent.
- Help maintain and introduce changes to the presently used GSI-based atmospheric analysis system when minor updates are needed for new observations.
- Help introduce software modifications and configuration changes to the GSI-based atmospheric analysis system, if needed for the GMAO's upcoming Reanalysis of the 21 st Century.
- Ph.D. degree in atmospheric science, oceanography or other Earth science discipline, mathematics or computational science and two years of scientific experience. MS plus 6+ years of scientific experience will also be considered.
- Extensive expertise in scientific programming using modern FORTRAN, reasonable familiarity with C++ ; and good understand of object oriented programming.
- Extensive experience with use of Git repositories.
- Demonstrable ability to engage in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrable skills in good software practices.
- Demonstrable understanding and prior experience working within the context of large-scale data assimilation methods.
- 1+ years of experience with Earth Science, Satellite Data, or experience in a meteorology field
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.