- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related field or equivalent experience.
- E-Commerce architect must be technical subject matter expert with 8-10 years IT experience architecting, developing, and implementing enterprise-wide solutions with focus on the digital eCommerce domain. And expected to have adequate knowledge about the integrated marketing and technology services firm.
- He or she should be experienced with accelerating business growth by combining multi-channel commerce, multi-channel marketing, and other important technologies.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision. Conducts technology benchmarking and industry analysis to define the strategic direction.
- Strong real-life skills and 4+ years of experience in architecting, designing and customizing commercial ecommerce packages (e.g. BigCommerce, X-Cart, Shopify, Magento, Square Space, WooCommerce, etc.,).
- Experience with Order Management System integration and SAP integration will be a plus.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide eCommerce expertise and drive strategic thinking
- Engage as a subject matter expert with business users and delivery team
- Translate strategic requirements into deliverable projects
- The e-commerce architect experts should make use of new technologies to maximize the performance of the respective e-commerce application.
- Research and make recommendations on software products via fit gap analysis process.
- Architect overall technical design for enterprise level e-commerce applications; document the details in technical design document then engage with team of developers to build and implement the solution.
- Analyze risks and advise on risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor the problem and resolve any complex issues with no to minimal impact to users
- Create, communicate, and maintain best practices and coding standards for team. Hold the development team accountable to follow these best practices.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership throughout the project life-cycle. Provide guidance in designing, user interface, technology integration, and interfacing with the client technology and management teams.
- Collaborate with other architects to update architecture documents and other development processes documents.
- Drive end-to-end success of the project by working closely with cross functional teams - business and IT sponsors, R&D, PMO, BAs, Testers, and developers, as/when needed.