Economics-Driven Software Architect DC, Washington 20005 Security Clearance:
U.S. Citizen, Current Security Clearance, Top Secret Skills: DoD, Technical Architecture, IT Portfolio, Cloud, CMMI, Six Sigma, DevSecOps, PMP
We are recruiting for a Software Architect to provide consultative support for financial control and processing software optimization for DoD customers. Qualified candidates will have prior experience with technical architecture to support technical health to maximize business performance. This position is targeted for a full-time W2 employee and 1099 consultants will be considered. Role and responsibilities include:
- Provide consultative software architecture services working directly with customers and development team to transform IT portfolios.
- Support enhancements for software asset management to optimize IT costs, limit risks, and improve operational outcomes.
- Work closely with organizational leadership to translate software health metrics into quantifiable business impacts.
- Modernize legacy applications to cloud-native microservices.
- Support ongoing research and development efforts and deliver analysis to support strategic decision making for critical software systems.
- Support development teams to diagnose challenges in software codebases from a technical and business perspectives and recommend areas for efficiencies.
- Work closely with development teams and customers and develop economic models and areas for cost savings and efficiencies through architecture improvements of existing code bases.
- U.S. citizenship
- Current DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline related to System Engineering, Data Science, or Software Economics
- Program Management experience leading programs from inception through delivery is a plus; PMP is desired
- 7+ years of related experience transforming and improving legacy systems for large-scale and complex software systems
- Experience using CMMI and/or Six Sigma discipline approaches for process improvement; certification is a plus
- Prior experience delivering solutions to improve business performance metrics
- Experience with DevSecOps and Agile development environments
- Prior experience working directly with stakeholders to transform and improve legacy systems
- Experience using cloud computing technologies including Kubernetes and similar open-source container-orchestration systems
- Experience developing strong technical architecture and coding practices to reduce Technical Debt and mitigate long-term consequences of poor design decisions
- Experience with refactoring and using design patterns to improve quality of software
- Ability to support business travel
Tallon Recruiting and Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We comply with Form I-9 identity and legal work authorization requirements and utilize E-Verify for Employment Eligibility Verification in accordance the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process can reach us by email at or telephone .
For more information please visit us at www.tallonrs.com .