LEAD DEVELOPER - JAVA BIG DATA
ALTA IT Services has a long term contract opening for a Lead Java, Big Data Developer, Cloudera certified, to support a leading health insurance customer. Work is 100% remote during COVID-19 safety measures; with intended return to onsite work in Reston, VA once pandemic conditions have passed.
This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field with 10+ years of prior experience in software development, Data Engineering and Business Intelligence OR equivalent experience. NOTE: This is a 100% hands on role.
- Proven experience designing, building and optimizing data pipelines to ingest/process structured and unstructured datasets
- Advanced Level experience (7+ years ) with Java , Python/Scala programming languages
- Advanced level Experience (3+ years ) building Real Time streaming solutions, leveraging Flume, Kafka and Apache Spark streaming
- 2+ years in Hadoop technologies such as MapReduce, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie, Impala and other related Big Data technologies
- Experience tuning various configuration parameters for optimal performance
- Advanced level experience with at least one NoSQL stores (Hbase, Cassandra, MongoDB etc.) ; Hbase is highly preferred
- Prior experience leading Big Data projects with a minimum team size of 4 developers
- Must have extensive experience with Agile or Scrum methodologies.
- Must have strong experience in Continuous Integration within DevOps environment.
- Strong communication skills and self-starter mentality and the ability to think outside the box.
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices, ability to write reusable code components
- Healthcare experience
- Experience in Web Service/API integration, providing Data as a Service
- Cloudera Certified Developer
- Work with Data Analysts and other team members to review business requirements and translate into technical requirements
- Collaborate with application architects and data solution architects
- Design and Build Data Integration pipeline using Cloudera Hadoop platform
- Guide other team members , resolve technical impediments and ensure code quality and standards
- Transform the data to create a consumable data layer for various application uses
- Support Data pipeline with bug fixes, and additional enhancements
- Document Technical design, Operational Runbook etc.
HOURLY RATE: $75/hr. Range C2C OK
Benefits available for W2
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via
ALTA IT Services, is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, specializing in Agile Transformation Services, Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, and Data & Advanced Analytics. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.