Solidus is searching for a Mid Level or Senior Electrical Engineer.
The successful candidate will join a group that seeks an electrical engineer with experience in the design of embedded software and power control electronics. This engineer must be technically strong in analog, power, and embedded systems, and must be capable of working well in teams consisting of Subject Matter Experts across many different fields.
- Working on the design, development, and technical support utilizing experience in electronic systems hardware development for prototype systems
- Must be enthusiastic, innovative and motivated self-starters able to work independently, or with a group, to achieve program requirements.
- Must possess strong oral and written communications skills.
- ship and the ability to obtain a DoD Clearance
- Mid: BS +5 years experience, MS + 3 years
Sr: BS +11 years, MS +8 years, PhD +5 years
- Power conversion and distribution technology
-Systems interconnect and integration design (including experience specifying system -grounding, power and signal integrity requirements)
- Experience with analog systems and circuit analysis tools such as SPICE / PSPICE
- Experience with FPGAs and microcontrollers
- Experience with embedded systems
- Software/applications: C/C++, Linux, Python, LabView
- Developing, debugging, and executing software in a Windows and Linux environment
- Familiarity with all types of laboratory instrumentation, including oscilloscopes, function generators, meters, spectrum analyzers, and frequency counters
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Familiarity with embedded systems development, including C and/or assembly language programming for hard real-time single-board computer applications
- All aspects of implementing electronic circuitry, including design and schematic entry using Mentor Graphics tools, board layout, parts selection, debugging, and documentation
- Optoelectronic circuitry such as low-noise quadrant detector transimpedance amplifiers and laser diode pulse power drive circuitry (30 W or greater)
- Test planning and execution for components, subsystems, and systems
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.