Solidus is searching for an Electrical Engineer that will develop, builds,test, and operate laser communications systems for a variety of applications and environments.Lasercom offers dramatically increased data rates and enhanced physical security relative to standard radio frequency-based communications systems.
The Group has expertise in communications; optics;electro-optics; optical turbulence mitigation;precise pointing control systems; embedded systems; command,control, and telemetry;high-speed digital design,test set design and fabrication; data analysis;modeling; and simulation. They are in need of an Engineer for the design of high-speed, complex digital architectures necessary to support a lasercom system.
- U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Security Clearance. Active Secret preferred
- 5+ years experience in Electrical Engineering
- Experience performing detailed electrical analysis and design for high speed digital systems, and power distribution
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout/oversight
- Experience supporting fabrication and assembly
- Experience with debugging prototypes and performing functional verification
- Familiarity with signal and power integrity design and analysis with SI simulation oversight
- Willingness to listen to the needs of engineers and the ability to articulate solutions to engineers in other disciplines who possess little understanding of electrical hardware design
- Experience in high-relspace based rad tolerant designs
- Experience with wireless communications systems
- Experience implementing high speed frame-based networking protocols such as OTN packet-based protocols such as 10GEthernet
Job ID: 3982
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.