Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology and equipment for the world's biggest brands? We are looking for teammates who know how to take charge of business-related challenges and keep us running smoothly.
Working behind the scenes in our manufacturing plants, Electrical Engineer Technicians are vital to the success of our business at P&G. As a technician, you will work on a team that is responsible for the development of new processes, the sustaining engineering of existing products and developing capability in others.
We hire you at entry level and you advance by demonstrating growing levels of operating, maintenance and leadership skills. We also provide you with the opportunity to expand into electrical, quality assurance, safety and hygiene, and other areas of expertise.
Meaningful work on Day 1
We do various types of work, including participating with the production team, activities related to new product development and updating existing equipment. From the beginning, you will be getting involved, impacting situations and influencing business-related problems.
We offer you:
- Ownership of your work from your first day
- Maintain world-renowned production technologies in some interesting ways
- The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
- Known for providing a safe work environment
We have no doubt these skills will help you on the job?
As the Electrical Engineer Technician, you will have hands on work developing test equipment for manual and automatic production equipment, including but not limited to operating equipment, programming, and troubleshooting. You will consistently achieve exceptional long-term results by utilizing in-depth knowledge of electrical systems & controls; acting as a prime resource for solving electrical controls related problems and developing these skills in others.
- Update, modify, and continuously improve existing controls systems including robotic programs, ladder logic programs, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interface, hydraulics, and pneumatics distribution and control
- Design/develop new machine controls including robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems
- Oversee engineering and maintenance on existing machine control modifications to robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems
- Build, maintain and keep current all hard copies and electronic data bases: all electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics; panel layouts; PLC, operator display, operator interface, and robot programs; machine power distribution and all related vendor controls component part documentation
- Schedule and complete backups of all electronic machine control and robotic programs on set schedule
- Implement and maintain data collection system from shop floor processing equipment
- Maintain and expand existing plant floor machine control to Ethernet gateways, links and connections
- Maintain all sub machine control data highways
- Maintain and update controls portion of machine standards
- Participate in Continual Improvement activities
- Provide periodic coordinated power, controls, instrumentation, and information systems technical training for site capability building(MW1)
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Use basic hand and power tools
- Lift 40 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
- Enter confined spaces
- Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time
The Auburn Procter & Gamble Plant operates 7-days per week. Technicians work any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
Are you ready to join this renowned team?
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you are:
- 18 years of age or older
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in ABET accredited Electrical Engineering Technology (EET)
- Wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
Preferred work experience or skills:
- Strength in both mechanical and electrical concepts
- Hands on experience in industrial controls systems
- Practical experience and/or education in power distribution equipment or systems to match the complexities electrical systems in an industrial environment
- Practical experience and/or education in electromechanical project management
- Knowledge of and ability to design and use relay logic, ladder logic, pneumatic logic and hydraulic logic
- Advanced PLC programming skills
- Experience with networks and I/O (ethernet, devicenet, controlnet, etc) , databases (SQL, Oracle, etc) , and programming (C++, Java, Python, Ladder Logic, Function Block, etc) a plus
- Ability to develop your own skills and grow within our organization as well as coach and develop others
Just so you know:
- Relocation is generally not paid
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed