At Trane Technologies
™ and through our businesses including Trane®
and Thermo King®
, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what's possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
This Electrical Systems Engineer
will provide electrical engineering support for the Farrar Scientific product line. The position requires applying engineering principles and technical rigor to develop solutions that satisfy product requirements, quality, cost and schedule. This role will also offer the right candidate the opportunity to utilize their current skills, develop new ones, and increase their personal passion by working on a unique set of technologies including power electronics, controllers, sensors, motors, alternators, generators and connection systems. This individual will work with and be supported by the product line engineering team. CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (others may be added):
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Develop new product solutions:
Work with internal and external resources to build strong understanding of life science industry trends and applications.
- Leverage engineering principles and application knowledge to develop new and innovative design ideas focused on green technologies, electrification, connectivity, user-experience, and improved system efficiencies and reliability.
Resolve product reliability issues:
Work to resolve electrical and electromechanical reliability issues.
- Apply systematic problem solving skills to identify failure modes, develop solutions, and validate design improvements through testing.
Coordinate cross-functionally with rest of engineering, manufacturing, and suppliers.
- Develop and execute test plans (component and system level) for reliability, durability, performance, and safety.
- Document new designs and design changes with engineering drawings, specifications, and bills of material.
- Manage small-scale projects:
Develop basic project plans.
- Lead design reviews.
- Maintain awareness of overall project status, risks and obstacles to progress.
- Provide guidance and leadership to lab technicians and other team members.
- Communicate project status as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent discipline) is required.
- 1+ years experience preferred.
Working knowledge and/or experience in electrical systems, components and power electronics.
- Hands-on proficiency using electrical tools and instrumentation to perform testing and gather data.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, software and control systems.
- Able to clearly communicate complex technical information to others, both verbally and through documentation.
We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.