At Trane Technologies®
we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including Trane®
and Thermo King®
- create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
The Trailer Platform Electrical Engineer
will work to research, design, and maintain products for the Thermo King North America Trailer business. The position will provide technical support to Platform Engineering design change requests, QR projects VA/VE engineering teams along with other functions, including Product Management, Manufacturing and Field Service. The Trailer Platform Electrical Engineer will also collaborate and have frequent interaction with our global manufacturing facilities, dealerships, and customers as well as be responsible for supporting some New Product Development programs that meet specific performance and Quality/Cost/Delivery goals.Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Generate, evaluate, analyze, and develop electrical harness design concepts for components and assemblies to meet product improvements, product options, and customer-specific product requirements provided by Product Management
- Support Project Managers with execution of Engineering tasks or in the case of smaller scale projects, the Trailer Platform Electrical Engineer will be responsible to develop, maintain, and execute project plans
- Review technical merit and risks of manufacturing factory and supplier requested design or process changes to provide detailed Engineering recommendations
- Investigate product Quality and Reliability issues to find root cause, containment, and permanent corrective action design change recommendations
- Utilize requirements definition, DFMEA, and DVP-R processes for Engineering design changes
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional (Test lab, Manufacturing Engineering and Operations, Finance, Quality, Procurement, Service, etc...) and key suppliers to meet project deliverables
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of Engineering designs, bill of materials, wiring diagrams, schematics, and test report documentation
- Multi-region travel up to 5% may be required
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Experience with vehicle electrical system design and harness / interconnection systems preferable
- Experience with electric machines, power electronics, and automotive networks (CAN for example) would be an advantage
- Proficiency with using electrical tools and instruments to perform tests, troubleshoot and gather data is expected
- Pro/Engineer or Creo Schematic proficiency would be an advantage
- Experience with Engineering problem solving, root cause analysis, and tradeoff analysis
- Ability to quickly and efficiently understand, condense, and organize information to make informed engineering decisions
- Self-motivated with strong collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work with cross-functional teams spread across multiple geographical regions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and support multiple projects.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.