Title: Electrical Powertrain Release Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Description: STG is a fast-growing Digital Transformation services company providing Fortune 500 companies with Digital Transformation, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Integration services in both information technology and engineering product lines. STG has a 98% repeat business rate from existing clients and have achieved industry awards and recognition for our services. Crain’s Detroit Business named STG to Michigan’s Fastest Growing Companies list in both 2020 and 2019, Top IT Services Company’s List in 2020, 2019, 2018, and Top Minority Business Enterprise List in 2020, 2019, and 2019.
STG puts company CULTURE at the forefront of every business decision and employees are EMPOWERED and MEASURED for RESULTS. Both TEAMWORK and INDIVIDUAL Performance is recognized and rewarded.
This is a full-time position that includes responsibilities of Electrical Powertrain Release Engineer. The right person for this position will have high energy, a positive attitude, and a high attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to teamwork.
- Power Electronics Charging Design and Release Engineer will be responsible for the activities related HV DC-DC converters, HV AC and DC charging devices designs for Electrified Vehicle applications. This position entails working with power electronics suppliers to ensure corporate requirements and specifications, as well as industry best practice design features and processes, are implemented for manufacturing, assembly, reliability, etc. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of documentation outlining best practices supporting internal continuous improvement initiatives and the development of product technology roadmaps.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 3 years of engineering experience in high voltage/power electronics
- Demonstrable understanding of power electronics and devices
- Understanding of electrical engineering protocols and standards
- Working technical knowledge in applications engineering and product design/development (specifically within an automotive context)
- Working level knowledge of DVP&R and DFMEA
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Working level knowledge of Power Electronics analysis and simulations tools
- Ability to interface professionally with key customers, cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities while being mindful of deadlines
- Must be task oriented, detail oriented, and accurate with work
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Power electronics/electrical models and simulation experience
- On Board Charger functions
- DC-DC Converter functions
- Power electronics specifications expertise
- Electric motor and powertrain controls experience
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design and fabrication experience
- Semi-conductor manufacturing knowledge
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms. Rama Narayanan and rama.narayanan(@)stgit.com /or contact at 248.712.6731. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Electrical Powertrain Release Engineer (MI).
For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com.