Electrical Project Engineer, Power Tools - Towson, MD Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a Electrical Project Engineer, you'll be part of our GTS team located in Towson, MD. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Design, test, and develop board-level analog and digital electronic assemblies.
- Applying principles of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics.
- Expected to utilize lab test equipment such as oscilloscope, power supply and electronic load to conduct testing.
- Troubleshoot and determine root cause analysis on electronic assemblies.
- Develop electrical systems for battery powered products.
- Coordinate with cross functional groups including test department and manufacturing.
- Communicate with global teams in reporting project status and technical information.
- Support test equipment development as needed.
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- Bachelor's degree Electrical/Electronics Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years of experience required of relevant experience as Electrical Design Engineer.
- Must be able to travel domestically & internationally occasionally - up to 10%.
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of electrical/control systems.
- Effective Communication skills.
- Strong skills in basic PC applications - MS Office, etc.
- Ability to solder SMT parts.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in Altium or similar schematic CAD desirable.
- Pspice modeling desirable.
- Embedded firmware development using C language a plus.
- Knowledge in lithium ion battery management a plus.
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.