Primary responsibilities will include:
• Perform commissioning / testing and hands on testing of electrical equipment.
• Grow existing client base and cultivate new clients
• Manage / grow the electrical testing group
• Manage electrical commissioning and testing projects (client, internal team, and project financials)
• Collaborate with mechanical commissioning team
• Lead projects and write proposals, test scripts and reports
• Mentor and train other testing group team members
• Coordinate invoicing with Accounting Department
• Attend conferences and networking events periodically
• National travel needed as necessary for short durations to oversee / complete commissioning & testing activities at client sites.
The basic requirements for this position include:
• 10+ years’ experience as an electrical testing engineer.
• BS in Engineering
• PE or CPMP certification required
• Hands on experience with electrical equipment testing is a must
• Ability to work in office and client sites (new construction and existing facilities)
• Proficient technical writing skills (proposals, test scripts and reports)
• Willing to work various hours (days, nights and weekends)
• Thermography Scanning Certification a plus
• SKM Power System Software experience a plus (i.e. Short Circuit Studies)
• Military background in electrical system operation and repair a plus
• Hardworking and self-motivated, with a desire to learn and solve problems
• Established leadership skills and the ability to build and develop a high-performing testing team
• Current valid driver’s license
Candidates for this position will be required to pass a 7-year background check (no felonies, no financial frauds) as well as a drug screening.