The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Job Summary
The Electronics and Sensors Division (ESD) is a world-class engineering and scientific leader in electronics and remote sensing systems. The Electronics and Power Systems Department (EPSD) resides within ESD. Our staff includes subject matter experts across a broad range of disciplines includingElectromagnetic Environmental Effects, Analog Circuit Design and Simulation and Power Systems. Our expertise, combined with sophisticated in-house laboratories, prototyping, modeling, and simulation capabilities, enables EPSD to deliver innovative solutions to national space systems and civil customers. What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Provide Electromagnetic Environmental Effects technical support to SMC, NRO and Civil Space programs.
- Review contractor EMC analytical and test reports.
- Serve as the Customer's Subject Matter Expert by providing technical support to program offices for conceptual designs, requirement development, proposal evaluation, design evaluation and verification, launch operations, and anomaly root-cause and corrective action.
- Perform evaluation of contractor spacecraft and launch vehicle electrical and electronic system and equipment designs, including intentional and unintentional electromagnetic radiated and conducted emissions and susceptibility to internal and external generated electromagnetic environments.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned as needed
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- 8 years of experience in Electromagnetic Environmental Effects discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of Electromagnetic Theory, Physics, and lab component/circuit characterization techniques
- Fundamental knowledge of EMC, ESD, and TEMPEST design techniques
- Willing to travel domestically up to 25%
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Advanced degree from an accredited program in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- 12+ years of experience in Electromagnetic Environmental Effects discipline
- Current Secret clearance with SSBI
- Track record of mentoring junior team members
- Expert knowledge of EMC, ESD, and TEMPEST design techniques
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement