CHENEGA SECURITY INTERNATIONAL
Company Job Title:
Electronic Technician III
Chenega Job Title:
Electronic Maintenance Technician III
SCA WD Labor Category:
Electronic Maintenance Technician III
Ability to obtain Public Trust (Level 5)
Silver Spring, MD
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
- The Electronic Technician III has proficiency in the installation, repair and maintenance of electronic security systems. Bosch BVMS Video Systems Master Certification and/or MDI Security Systems for SAFEnet Administration (preferred). Duties are performed at a domestic government facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Reading, interpreting, and drawing electrical, electronic, and electromechanical schematics
- Reading and interpreting building plans (blueprints)
- Use, repair, and/or calibration of electronic test equipment – meters, TDR technology.
- Low voltage DC electronic systems / electromechanical systems
- AC power distribution systems, motor-generators
- Motors, motor controls, disconnects, relays
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems
- Mechanical and electromechanical locking systems – electronic strikes, locks
- Pedestrian and vehicular access control systems – door controls, vehicle barriers/arrest
- Closed-circuit television systems (CCTV) systems – monitors, cameras, switchers
- Metal detectors – hand held, walk through
- Radio communications systems, voice and digital communications networks
- Intrusion Detection Systems – alarms, detectors, sensors
- Public Address Systems – emergency notification systems, intercoms
Minimum Qualifications : (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bosch BVMS Video Systems Master Certification, or
- Experience with monitoring Dynamics Security Systems for SAFEnet Administration
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in non-residential electronics installation & troubleshooting is required with a high school degree; Or
- Preferred: AA/AS in Electronics from an accredited program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules tasks and develops realistic action plans.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.