Electronic Trading Support position in NYC (see description below).
Main missions for the GM ITO teams:
- Contribute to the strategy definition of CM ITO
- Contribute to CM ITO organization and governance optimization
- Be an efficient, reactive and pro-active partner of the GM business line :
- Define and monitor the GM ITO strategy
- Accompany the GM business:
- In implementing its strategic development projects
- In providing a high-quality service on a day-to-day basis
- Be accountable for the development of our activities in a secured set-up and a structured control framework.
- Continuously strive to transform and optimize our set-up through ambitious and innovative initiatives
Looking for a talented IT engineer to support the GM electronic market access systems. We are looking for a candidate who has a strong knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux), Network and scripting languages such as Python, Perl or Shell scripts.
Realize daily production support of Execution Platform back-end system (FO, MO, Clearing, Compliance) for the GM FO desks.
Communicate with Exchanges, Development and Front-ends teams Participate in UAT, deployment of application server components Write and maintain production scripts Communicate progress and problems to management, estimating work schedules and anticipating and avoiding problems. Participate in production support improvement
- First level support on Order Routing system (back-end) for GM FO desks.
- Understand the whole production set-up from start of day to end of the day processes.
- Has the ability to identify issues quickly, knowing their potential consequences on the trading.
- Must be able to fix quickly, find alternate solutions/workaround or identify the right person that might help
Must have Skills
- At least 2 years of experience in finance industry (in Order routing systems/electronic market support would be a plus)
- B.S in Computer Science or other related field of study
- Strong knowledge of scripts programming, UNIX OS and good Network architecture knowledge
- Troubleshooting/problems solving
- Autonomy self-motivated, independent and ability to operate in a highly demanding and challenging environment
- Good Communication skills both written and verbal
- Scripting languages (Shell scripts, Python or Perl)
- Exchanges order entry or Market Data protocols
- Basic DB (SQL), client/server knowledge
- System tuning/performances monitoring and analysis
Good to have
- FIX protocol
- Financial knowledge (EQD products), US exchanges rules
- Knowledge of Front to Back trading life cycle
- Small project management experience
- Experience with Linux performance tuning (application/OS/network)
- Experience troubleshooting telecommunication issues
- Low latency monitoring platform, pcap analysis (Wireshark, etc...)
I look forward to hearing from you!
Lenmar Consulting, Inc.
100 Plaza Five, Suite 2340
Harborside Financial Center
Jersey City, NJ 07311
T: 201.946.1777 ext. 4010