Summary DTS sustains a culture of hard-working and highly-motivated
employees. The Electronics Engineering Manager is responsible for
performing a wide variety of engineering and project management tasks,
including but not limited to, supervising electrical engineering team
and manages product development projects. This job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this
job. Additional responsibilities and requirements may change at any
time with or without notice. Responsibilities and Duties include but
are not limited to:
- Responsible for direct supervision of electrical engineering team
to create leading edge, low power, highly compact designs for data
acquisition, sensor, and embedded recording platforms.
- Plan, scope, and manage product development projects by
monitoring hours, cost, and other indicators.
- Close gaps between team members? communications, tools,
materials, and schedule anomalies.
- Report progress on cost vs. budget, schedule, performance, risks,
possible missing deadlines, and resources conflicts to the Director,
Engineering and Executive Team.
- Coordinates with firmware, software, mechanical, quality,
technicians, planners, and other engineering resources to ensure
design for manufacturability (DFM) and design for test (DFT).
- Develop and maintain process & infrastructure for electronic
design and validation including releases and New Product
Introduction (NPI) documentation packages.
- Review and sign-off new electronic designs at the conceptual,
schematic, board release, initial test, and hand off to production
phases. Participate in and support the Engineering Change Order
- Perform other related responsibilities and duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Qualifications and Skills: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Responsibilities
and Duties satisfactorily. The qualifications and skills listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities for the
job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or
similar discipline and substantial related experience in an
engineering management and/or project management role or the
equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
Master?s degree in Engineering (MSEE) or similar discipline is a plus.
- Previous experience working with analog and digital circuit
design, schematics, board layout, as well as, working with PCBA
manufacturers is necessary. Altium NEXUS experience is a plus.
- Previous experience in data acquisition system design is a
- Strong working knowledge of test and measurement industry is a plus.
- Previous project management experience working with small teams as
well as the ability to effectively manage multiple projects
simultaneously is a plus.
- Ability to understand project requirements via Product Design
Specifications (PDS) in order meet deadlines while working with
other departments such as Business Development, Sales, Technical
Support, and Operations.
- Ability to adhere to existing schedule templates using industry
standard milestones such as PDR, CDR is necessary.
- Ability to effectively lead/manage an engineering team utilizing
strong analytical, reasoning, inter-personal communication,
problem-solving, and conflict resolution skill is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately address and document
details, meet deadlines, and communicate/work effectively with other
departments in a professional, diplomatic manner is necessary.
- Demonstrated proficiency using various computer programs, such as,
Windows 7/8/10, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and
Work Schedule Work hours will be determined based on business and
customer needs but are predominantly scheduled Monday through Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. ITAR Statement This position must meet Export
Control compliance requirements, therefore a ?US Person? as defined by
22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. Equal Opportunity Statement DTS
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants
for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, age, ancestry, color, creed, disability status
(physical or mental), gender, marital status, legally-protected medical
condition (including pregnancy), national origin, religion, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, sexual orientation,
military, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Travel: 10%