What is the specific title of the position? Email Integration Architect
PROJECT: Titan is a project to help get all Acquired Entities (also referred to as Business Partners) on common communications platforms for collaboration. At the moment, we are looking at doing 40+ such efforts with varying degrees of collaboration (email migration, directory synchronization, calendar sharing, and O365 Guest Access). The contractors I am looking for are specifically for email collaboration.
TOP REQUIREMENTS: We are looking for senior email engineers, so I would say ideally they would have a minimum of 5 years of experience in each of the following areas: Exchange, Scripting, IronPort,O365, and Project Resource.
*** What experience will set candidates apart from one another? Completing large email migrations.
LOCATION: 100% remote
*** Open to candidates that cannot convert without sponsorship.
• The ideal candidate will have experience in O365 tenant to tenant migrations, have PowerShell scripting experience, have experience with Quest migration tools (either Quest Migration Manager or Quest On Demand Migration - preferably both), Active Directory experience, good networking knowledge (Ironports, Firewalls, routing)
• It's helpful if they have worked in a large, complicated environment
• Healthcare experience would be helpful due to the strict regulations that we need to be aware of, but not necessary
a. How many rounds? Minimum of 3 rounds with a possibility of 1 more.
b. Video vs. phone? Phone at a minimum. Video is possible however.
c. How technical will the interviews be? We expect the candidates to be able to talk through their technical experience, and perhaps talk through different scenarios and discuss their strategy. I would recommend they be able to demonstrate their technical ability in detail.
Required Technical Skills:
• A well rounded fully competent email administrator
• Must be able to analyze and interpret mail flow/routing inclusive of facets such as MX records, mail appliances and Exchange servers.
• Ability to analyze and interpret technical discovery documentation provided by businesses in order to architect and engineer migration requirements, strategy and overall solutions.
• Extensive understanding of PowerShell and Exchange Shell commands (i.e. get-aduser, get-adobject, get-mailbox, get-mailboxstatistics, new-mailboximportrequest, new-mailboxexportrequest, etc) and switches in order to write, read and update scripts.
• Extensive knowledge of Windows & MAC Outlook inclusive of autodiscover, archive mailboxes, adding/supporting secondary mailboxes, etc.
• Ability to parse non-user mailbox reports in order to assist acquisitions with proper migration requirements (i.e. group vs. service mailbox, imap/pop configurations, send as vs send on behalf of, etc)
• Demonstrate knowledge of supported operating systems/ environments/platforms (e.g., Windows Server & Workstation OS, Mac, Citrix);
• Demonstrate knowledge of supported system infrastructure (e.g., DNS, network, storage, middleware);
• Demonstrate knowledge of Agile Principles
• Extensive Exchange and SaaS experience with migration activities concerning divestitures, mergers and acquisitions
• Collaborate with business partners to gain understanding of and provide ongoing support for their business needs
• Demonstrate understanding of supported businesses and their business drivers
• Demonstrate understanding of applicable business platforms/applications
• Demonstrate understanding of the impact of supported systems/technologies on the business
• Demonstrate understanding of applicable business performance metrics (e.g., KPIs, SLAs/SLGs, availability)
• Ensure that business requirements are clearly and comprehensively documented and understood, and properly implemented (e.g., SLAs, OLAs, TSAs)
• Ability to help translate technical process and procedure to customers
• Follow all UHG culture, vision, mission statement and values
Is this person a sole contributor or part of a team? Sole contributor who will be a part of the M&A email team.
If so, please describe the team? (Name of team, size of team, etc.)
3 Email engineers, 2 OGS email engineer, 3 delivery managers, and 1 Product Owner
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
Integration of email system outside of UHG into the UHG email environment utilizing existing migration tools and Optum systems.
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
Quest Migration Manager, Quest On Demand Migration, Optum Dir Sync and FB scripts
What skills/attributes are a must have? Exchange, Power Shell Scripting, IronPort configuration, Agile and Customer Relationship Management
What skills/attributes are nice to have? Project Management, Technical Writing
What are the work hours? (ex. 9am-5pm, day/night shifts, rotating shifts, etc) Day time hours with evening implementations
What type of interview process is preferred? (Face to face, phone, Skype, or a combination of the three)
Phone with WebEx
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or