Position: Embedded Android Developer
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 8 Months
Qualifications – External:
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release. Required Skills and Experience:
- Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions.
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
- Perform unit testing Assist in system and user testing Fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.
- 3-9 years’ experience; Bachelor’s degree
- Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
- Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
- Experience range 5 to 11 years
Embedded Android development (NOT apps) with depth in one of the following § Android framework services § Android HAL, Binder, Flinger § device drivers, system experience § Sensors (like camera, GPS, gyro, etc.) § Networking § Audio / Media § FOTA / OTA o Exposure to Linux kernel, device drivers, boot loader o C/C++, JNI o git, gerrit • Good to have o Automotive Infotainment development on § Linux/QNX/Android (apps, DSP, drivers, kernel, vehicle, etc) o SoC exposure on § Qualcomm, Intel, TI, Renesas, etc. o Stacks § wifi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Vector, AUTOSAR, etc. o Standards § ASPICE, ISO 26262, J3061, etc. o Security § Android application sandboxing § threats and vulnerabilities affecting the android platform § Penetration testing and forensics o Java o GMock / GTest o QAC, Polyspace, Coverity, PCLint