Embedded Software Engineer
Apex Systems, the nation's 2 nd largest IT Workforce Solutions organization, has an immediate and exciting opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer with a large client in the Louisville, KY area.
If you'd like to receive Job Alerts from Apex that match your specific criteria, visit itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com .
To apply, please send your resume to Kelsey O'Bryan - Role Summary/Purpose
: Join the firmware design team & help develop the embedded controls for the next generation of high-end, consumer friendly, & energy efficient appliances. We provide learning opportunities, challenges, and support for our software engineers. We are applying the latest techniques in software development such as Agile, TDD, Continuous Integration, and Testing Automation to embedded software. Every day, we push ourselves to find innovative solutions, produce higher quality code, and deliver it on schedule.
- We're a small to medium sized team located in Louisville and Seoul (most full-time developers have had the opportunity to travel to Seoul)
- We work in a resource-constrained environment with (generally) no heap, and primarily run bare metal but some projects use an RTOS
- We use the industry-leading version control system Git
- We are Agile!
- We're heavily invested in Test Driven Development (TDD) which is a great way to work
- We use continuous integration to automate builds and identify issues quickly
- We're invested in continuous learning and full time developers have the opportunity to attend software conferences
- MacBook Pros are available to all developers in Louisville and the vast majority choose to use a Mac
- We're doing a lot of work towards making connected appliances - this means creating both highly debuggable platforms for development as well as enabling Internet of Things (IoT) functionality
- B.S. Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering or equivalent
- 4-10 Years Embedded Software Development
- Experience with formal software development process (such as Agile)
- Knowledge of Embedded Software Development Tools & software languages: C/C++
- Knowledgeable of theory and use of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with continuous integrations, any Scripting language, and Github
- Passion for software
- Strong project planning and project leadership skills and experience
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Software Languages: C++, Lua, JS
- Experience working with global software development team
- Experience using emulators, oscilloscopes, simulators and software analysis tools
- Experience developing in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with resource limited microcontrollers
- Experience with UL60730 (UL1998)
- Six Sigma certified Green Belt or Black Belt
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or