An excellent opportunity to work with our Direct Client for their new project. Very competitive hourly compensation provided.
Looking for only local consultants.
You can contact Tapan at 408-216-8706 and email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Embedded Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale CA 94089
Duration: 12+ months
- Deliver maintainable and solid code that runs in a set-top-box environment.
- Participate with other engineers in design sessions and code reviews.
- Provide thorough automated test coverage for unit, functional and end-to-end coverage.
- Thrive in a dynamic agile development process.
- Team player that works well with others.
- Solid understanding of how to effectively test code.
- Solid understanding of computer architecture and computer science fundamentals.
- Able to read and understand a relatively old and medium to large code base.
- Independent, organized, and able to work on multiple fast-paced projects at the same time.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot code you didn't write.
- Embrace trying new things to improve the software development process.
- 5+ years development experience.
- Experience in a Linux development environment.
- Experience using revision control systems, such as GIT and GITHUB.
- Experience using unit testing to test code.
- Experience using C/C++, GCC, perl, python, make.
- Experience with embedded devices (mips, 68000, ultra-sparc)
- Experience with PowerTV or Arris/Motorola/General Instruments is a plus.
- BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field required.