DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH. Summary:
Dish Technologies is looking for a highly motivated engineer to work on cutting edge set top box technology. Qualified candidates will have 1 to 5 years of experience working with C in embedded systems. The perfect candidate will also have knowledge of the Linux core environment as well as some knowledge and/or experience with multi-threaded programming.Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and test software changes for use in set top boxes
- Develop new features based on requirements documents, including development of use cases and test plans
- Work collaboratively with and support the needs of multiple teams and organizations to achieve product development goals
- Proactively develop strategies and procedures to help the team work more efficiently and effectively, and to improve the quality and maintainability of code
- Participate in code reviews, brainstorming meetings, and cross training sessions
- Responsible for delivering reliable software components.
- BS Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-5 years of embedded C software design and development
- MS Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience working in and understanding of Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience in solving complex technical problems
- Proven experience in the implementation of complex applications from conception to completion
- Experience with embedded software design and development and/or video technologies
- Strong experience in working with software source control systems, with knowledge of Clear Case
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle
- Must possess good verbal and written communications skills
- Good Team Player, be able to work in a team environment with minimal input
- Ability to multi-task in a changing environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Fast learner, be able to learn new technologies in a short amount of time
- Experience in providing solutions to stream video over IP.
- Knowledge of Agile Software development.
Compensation: $55,800.00/Yr. - $87,450.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.