The Hardware / Firmware team is responsible for developing and integrating complex, high-performance, and fail safe computing systems as part of our self-driving systems. Our diverse multidisciplinary team interacts with a number of teams across, our OEM partners, and our supply base.
The Firmware Validation Engineer is a role in software development. The primary task is to design microcontroller firmware to enable bringup and validation of the hardware modules for the Self Driving System. It is a hands-on role involving day to day direct interaction with our product, and has a wide cross functional team interface. You will understand how every sensor plays a part in making the system work.
What you’ll do:
Develop board-level and system-level functional verification software to comply with requirements from our OEM and manufacturing partners.
Work with our Hardware and Embedded Software teams to decompose requirements into implementations.
Support our manufacturing partners to integrate verification software into their manufacturing flow and troubleshoot issues.
Help design microcontroller firmware, invalidate of the hardware modules of the actual self-driving system. Very hands on with the microcontrollers and with OEM’s.
This is more traditional embedded firmware, C, C++ working with SPI, CAN, interfaces, and doing embedded SW development.
Designing the Bringup and validation of hardware modules, mix of both. Validation is a key component. Combo of both then. Able to understand different sensors. Someone who enjoys a cross function role, this would be a great fit.
• 3+ years of experience working as embedded software / firmware engineer or software engineer in test
• Strong programming skills in C or C++
• Experience in software development for embedded devices
• Experience in low level communications interfaces and protocols, e.g. I2C, SPI, CAN, Ethernet, etc. Ideally, this experience includes handling devices at the metal
• Experience in Infenion Aurix or comparable MCUs are important
• Ability to understand hardware schematics, hardware/software interface specifications, verification and validation requirements and test plans
• Demonstrated experience with tools like Lauterbach debugger, logic-analyzer, etc
• Demonstrated experience with Infineon Aurix or comparable MCUs
Nice to haves:
• Hands-on experience with automotive projects and tools (Autosar, Infineon Aurix)
• Python, Bash, or similar scripting capability
• Experience in developing manufacturing software and understanding manufacturing processes in automotive or related fields is highly desired
• Experience with board level hardware validation is a strong plus
Location: Palo Alto, CA or Dearborn, MI (Work Onsite, M-F)
Duration: 6+ months
OSI Engineering is a leading talent acquisition and services company, building powerful IT and Engineering development teams to meet speed-to-market demands across the US. We develop, implement and manage workforce solutions through every stage of the product lifecycle, from early application development through final production, delivering the highest-level technology professionals. Our capabilities include technical staff augmentation, managed service programs and resource planning solutions.
With over 20 years of experience, OSI’s technical expertise spans the software stack from the firmware layer up to the user interface. We deliver dynamic and diverse teams for IT Services, Networking Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Big Data, Mobile Hardware and Applications, Internet of Things (IoT), Connected Car, Enterprise Information Security and Data Science. Our quality-focused approach to talent acquisition and services helps our clients successfully launch their concepts and products that change the world.