Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking several Embedded Flight Software Engineers at a variety of levels to join our team in Westminster, CO. We are also open to remote locations. In this role, you will work on a variety of challenging projects including NASA's On-Orbit Servicing, Assembly, and Manufacturing (OSAM-1) system, the Power Propulsion Element, and the Human Landing System destined for the moon.Life with Us
Your Project: You will be responsible for applying advanced technical skillsets with C/C++ and ADA software development for embedded systems. Your primary responsibility will be to generate code, but you will also be intimately involved in testing, debugging, integration, and operational testing.
Your Career: We are very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your manager, or a mentor, to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement and student loan forgiveness.What you'll do day-to-day (with your colleagues):
Minimum requirements for this position:
- You will write software for embedded Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Develop software verification plans, unit level and open loop test suites, and procedures, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Perform software product life cycle management
- Develop, select, tailor and deploy software processes, tools and metrics
- Serve as a subject matter expert for software domains, processes and system-specific issues
- Higher-level positions will lead technical projects and mentor team members
These skills would be amazing:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Software development experience depending on position level
- Principal Software Engineer: minimum of 15 years of experience
- Senior Software Engineer: minimum of 8 years of experience
- Software Engineer: minimum of 4 years of experience
- Must have strong experience in one of the following areas:
- Expert embedded C++ programing skills on multicore-processor architecture
- Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC). Ability to read flows, understand control laws, able to convert MATLAB code to C++ or Ada
- Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Fault Detection, Isolation, and Recovery (FDIR)
- Thermal systems
- Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) System on a Chip (Soc). DoD or NASA background preferred as would be primarily for USG contracts
- Command and telemetry processing
- Embedded systems architecture
- Infrastructure - I/O, Operating systems, drivers, hardware interfaces
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field
- VxWorks or similar RTOS experience
- Experience on SpaceWire (SpW) and Time Triggered Ethernet (TTE) architectures
- Experience with Ada programming language
- Experience with satellite software development from inception to launch
- Experience with large-scale satellite software development projects
- Experience with CMMI-3 or other structured software development frameworks
- Ability to work in a highly-collaborative environment with hands-off, remote management
The compensation range for a principal-level position is $124,500 to $207,500 annually, dependent on skills and experience. This position is also eligible for a bonus plan.
The compensation range for a senior-level position is $108,000 to $180,000 annually, dependent on skills and experience. This position is also eligible for a bonus plan.
The compensation range for a mid-level position is $75,000 to $148,750 annually, dependent on skills and experience.Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.