Seeking Embedded PHY/MAC System Engineer for Global Chip Company in San Jose, CA.
As a member of the WLAN PHY systems team, the candidate will participate in the design and characterization of cutting edge WLAN products. The candidate should exhibit strong technical leadership by taking ownership of large modules and complex problems, and providing technical guidance to junior members of the team.
- MAC/PHY algorithm design and development from concept to production; requires extensive characterization on silicon, and ability to debug issues on chip and identify/implement enhancements back into the system model.
- Understanding of complete end-to-end WLAN system is a strong advantage, including radio, PHY, MAC and SW.
- Candidate should be able to apply knowledge of complete WLAN systems to make PHY feature development more robust and effective.
- Draw concepts from wireless communication theory to test performance and identify system deficiencies
Must Have skillsets
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience and clearly understand fundamentals of Digital Communication theory, MIMO-OFDM, Signal Processing
- Strong Experience with C coding fundamentals for both system simulations
- Scripting/automation tools such as C++, Python and/or Perl
- Familiarity with WLAN standards. Knowledge of Bluetooth is an added advantage.
- Strong communications and multitasking skills; be able to work with multidisciplinary teams to develop algorithms that span PHY/MAC/SW verticals.
- Bring up experience
- Good grasp of C coding fundamentals for both system simulations as well as driver code development is a strong plus.
Type: Direct Hire
Location: San Jose, Ca