You will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining embedded applications and supporting the development of RFID technologies for NASA flight projects. The code you develop for these applications will interact with a variety of electronic components used in conjunction with RFID tag communication protocols.
- Embedded programming experience primarily in C.
- Developing applications for microcontrollers and using debugging tools.
- Scripting with Python and bash.
- Troubleshooting issues between software and the hardware components.
- Read and understand electronic component data sheets. Desired:
- Programming with Texas Instruments microcontrollers such as MSP430.
- Printed circuit board schematic design.
- Working knowledge of various bus interfaces: serial, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Basic understanding of radio wave propagation.
- Previous experience working with RFID protocols such as EPCglobal Gen 2.
Applicant must be a US citizen or lawful permanent resident.
About METECS -
We are a small high-performance team providing advanced engineering, software and analysis solutions for manned space and terrestrial applications. We develop and integrate software for NASA and other government and commercial customers utilizing a wide variety of custom, commercial, and open-source technologies. Our specialties include robotics controls & analysis software, spacecraft and commercial equipment dynamics simulations, immersive computer graphics, XR systems and web-based automation tools. Active and recent projects include algorithm development for NASA's Robonaut and Valkyrie robots, autonomous UAV control, RFID-Enabled Logistics Management for the International Space Station, the NASA Miniature Exercise Device (MED-2), spacecraft wireless Developmental Flight Instrumentation (DFI), the Orion Spacecraft Ascent Abort 2 mission, NASA s Exploration System Simulation (NExSyS), and NASA s Training Systems for the 21 st Century initiative.
Perks: Flex hours, casual dress, get to make history.
1030 Hercules Ave. Houston, TX, 77058Contact