Embedded Software Architect Southfield, MI
Our client in Southfield, MI is looking for an Embedded Software Architect to work on the development of cutting-edge ADAS and autonomous driving technologies. This position will give you the opportunity to be a key voice in the development of advanced vehicle technologies key to the industry's future. If you've headed up embedded development from the component to the systems-level, this could be a great match for you.Responsibilities of the Embedded Software Architect:
Qualifications of the Embedded Software Architect :
- Develop software architecture for multicore microcontroller and SoC based RADAR ECU products
- Champion the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements in accordance of a process
- Evaluate change requests, analyze issues, perform basic functions of software design, code and test on assigned new features, change requests and defect fixes
- Open mind to adopt to changing software release schedules and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Provide regular updates of assigned task progression to software lead for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
- Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section meetings; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Interface with product development teams located in various geographical locations
- Excellent people skills, ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team
Preferred Qualifications the Embedded Software Architect:
- BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Master's Degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience developing embedded software for the automotive industry (GM experience a plus)
- Experience at the architect-level, or a similar position with total product design oversight, where you've worked on the development of a total software system, not just components
- C and assembly programming for 16/32/64 bit micro-controllers
- Experience with device driver development (Flash, EEPROM, CAN, SPI, ADC, Ethernet etc.)
- Experience working with Embedded Realtime Operating Systems (RTA-OS, RT Linux, OSEK, etc.) and Bootloader
- Working knowledge of ASPICE/CMMI process.
- Experience with UML design tools is a plus.
- Embedded software tools, debuggers, cross compilers, etc.
Compensation of the Embedded Software Architect:
- Experience in developing embedded software for G.M Global A/B
- Experience in industry standards like UDS Diagnostics, ISO26262, AUTOSAR(Classic & Adaptive).
- Familiarity with AUTOSAR and Vector Tools (Davinci Configurator, CANalyzer, CANoe, CANdela, ...)
Salary Range: $120,000-145,000year, depending on experience
Location: Southfield, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: Subject to reviewKnowledge of the following areas will be helpful -
Tools: DOORS Requirements Management, Enterprise Architect, Infineon Aurix Microcontroller tools (Compiler, Emulator, Simulator), LDRA, Tasking Compiler, iSYSTEM WinIdea, CodeBeamer, Autosar Builder, Davinci Configurator.