|Solidus is searching for a Software Engineer to work closely with a small team developing the Flight Software for an electronic subsystem of an advanced satellite payload. |
The candidate will help define the software architecture based on high-level system requirements, perform a detailed software design, perform system trades on possible implementations, execute the software design, and test the software. The software to be developed will run on an embedded single board computer on a real-time OS and the software will implement a command/telemetry interface, state machines, control algorithms developed by other stakeholders, and will interface with device hardware (ADCs, digital IO, etc.) via vendor-supplied low-level hardware drivers. The candidate will also assist with defining and implementing automated testing strategies for all levels of subsystem testing, including unit-tests of the software and box-level acceptance testing. Candidate must have a strong desire to perform all aspects of software development in the context of embedded control systems. Candidate will work together with stakeholders including hardware developers, system engineers, and test engineers.
The successful candidate will join a group that identifies and evaluates threats to U.S. use of space for military, intelligence, civil and commercial purposes. Applied research and development projects underway span a wide range of advanced applications, ranging from ground-based precision optical systems performing observations of space to space-based payloads and small satellites consisting of novel sensors developed to meet our country's most urgent needs in space.
- ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE or INACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE if inactive for less than 18 months
- MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience in software development
- Working with multi-threaded RTOSs such as real-time Linux, Xenomai, or VxWorks and processors such as ARM and PPC
- Architecting software projects based off of high-level system requirements
- Performing and documenting a detailed software design
- Programming in C/C++ using standard development/debug environments and industry-standard tools such as issue tracking (e.g., JIRA/TRAC), SVN/GIT
- Experience working with real-time benchmarking and timing measurements with code running on actual target hardware
- Use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes and waveform generators for performance validation
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision
- Candidates must be enthusiastic, innovative and motivated self-starters able to work independently, or with a group, to achieve program requirements
- Must possess strong oral and written communications skills, and must be able to present findings/results to internal and external organizations
Preferred. The following are desirable but not strictly required:
- Setting up and working in an Automated Build/Test environment (e.g., Bamboo)
- Knowledge of Ruby, Python or other interpreted languages
- Aerospace avionics interfaces: SpaceWire, MIL-STD-1553B
- Working on high-reliability applications, preferably space-based but other suitable experiences domains include underwater, aerospace, or medical devices.
- VxWorks Board Support Packages
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm