Embedded Software Engineer Livonia, MIJob Summary of the Embedded Software Engineer:
Our client, a market leader in automotive embedded technologies, is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to do full life-cycle development (design and testing) for a variety of vehicle control systems. In this position you will work with customers to develop individual embedded software for control units, including requirement, design, development, validation, and production for the automotive software applications. If you have great experience and interest in software development and troubleshooting for automotive controls, this could be a great match for you.Responsibilities of the Embedded Software Engineer:
Qualifications of the Embedded Software Engineer:
- Collaborate with customers to develop embedded software electronic control modules and customer specific software.
- Develop embedded code to match requirements.
- Specification of functional test cases for automotive control units, develpoment of automated test cases for regression testing, and verification of communication, peripheral input/output to to safety-critical applications of automotive control units.
- Specification, setup and maintenance of HiL-Environment
Compensation of the Embedded Software Engineer:
- Bachelors in EE/CE/Cs or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in automotive embedded software development, including design and validation (including compiling, linking, programming etc.)
- Strong knowledge of programming with C Language in 8, 16, and 32-bit embedded environments.
- Working knowledge of hardware, software embedded system concepts and architecture
- Understanding of in-vehicle networks such as CAN and LIN communications and and root cause analysis.
- Strong knowledge of CAN and its related tools (CANalyzer, etc.)
- Experience with CANoe, CAPL scripting and Vector VT-system preferred
- Experience in scripting for automated testing (C# preferred)
- HIL set up and validation experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
Salary Range: $85,000-100,000/Year, aligned with the experience
Location: Livonia, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: NoKnowledge of the following areas will be helpful -
Embedded, Software, Vector, design, development, validation, production, AUTOSAR, MICROSAR, OS, RTE, BSW, CAN, LIN, compiling, linking, debuggers, emulators, oscilloscopes, OSEK, " Real Time Operating System", CANalyzer, vFlash, CANape, SVN, GIT, "configuration management", "use cases"