Embedded Software Engineer Novi, MI
An Embedded Software Engineer is required to play a vital role in taking software or system-software requirements through the software development life cycle for production applications for one of our best client in Novi, MI. This client is a global company, highly ranked as a top employer in their field. They're on the verge of tremendous growth for their electronic steering systems group, making this an ideal time to join. This role requires programming experience with Embedded C, DSPACE, and/or MATLAB, Simulink and knowledge of Vehicle communication protocols. If your experience matches with these criteria, then you could be a perfect match for this position.Responsibilities of Embedded Software Engineer:
Qualifications of Embedded Software Engineer:
- Design, develop, implement, test, review, and debug of software components from customer requirements analysis to the launch of the product and beyond.
- Integrate and validate new product features, functions, or designs into the AUTOSAR software architecture.
- Use standard and customized test equipment/software to analyze and determine root cause analysis. Interface and communicate design and requirements to internal and external customers. Verification and validation of software implementation on software integration level;
- Support system integration and vehicle integration testing of products;
- Participate in software design reviews (internal/external).
- Completion of software work products that comply with ASPICE requirements
- Participate in the development of software and system requirements specifications
Technical Competencies of Embedded Software Engineer:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent degree required.
- 3+ Years' Experience in Automotive Experience required
- Experience in Electric Power Steering or ADAS is preferred
Compensation of Embedded Software Engineer:
- Solid programming experience with Embedded C programming, DSPACE, and/or Matlab Simulink
- Strong Knowledge of Electrical Hardware and Microprocessor Architecture
- Experience with Configuration, Requirements, or Test Management toolchains (PTC, Clearcase, Clearquest, DOORS, DSPACE, etc.)
- Knowledge of Vehicle communication protocols (CAN, FlexRay, LIN, Ethernet, ...) and Diagnostic protocols (UDS)
- Experience using industry standard modelling and data acquisition toolchains (CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, Matlab, etc.)
- Experience developing unit test cases/integration testing and performing static code analysis (i.e. MISRA, Naming, Polyspace, HIL, etc) is preferred
- Experience with AUTOSAR software development is preferred
- Experience with safety critical systems or ISO26262 is preferred
- Experience with automotive cyber security methodologies is preferred
Salary Range: $85,000-110,000 plus benefits and bonus
Location: Novi, MI
Travel: As and when required (domestic and international)
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: Subject to review