Solidus is searching for an Embedded Software Engineer to develop real time embedded software using C/C++, Python and associated static code analysis and automated testing in the hardware.
The Software Engineer will join a team that is focused on the synthesis of dynamic and complex control and autonomous systems, from concept to realization, for a wide variety of prototypes. Prototype applications span various mission areas, such as space control; air, missile and maritime defense; communication and tactical systems; homeland protection; and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance systems.
The team has expertise in dynamic stabilization and platform control; advanced autonomy; pointing, acquisition, and tracking; guidance; navigation and estimation; robotics; mapping; intra- and inter-system planning (e.g., swarming); demanding real-time embedded software and firmware control; image processing; machine learning; human-machine interaction; space-qualified electronics; and analog and power electronics. Applied research and development projects include space optical payloads, small satellites, airborne laser radars and imaging systems, and autonomous air, ground, and maritime systems.
- Develop real time embedded software (C/C++ and Python) for a space-based Microchip micro-controller and associated static code analysis and automated testing in the hardware.
- Work closely with a small team to define and develop the software and the testing approach, develop automated testing scripts and some requirements based on high-level system requirements as well as the overall design, and perform static code analysis and implementation with documentation, and test of the system running in and controlling the hardware.
- Software configuration control and development of overall testing strategies.
- ship AND an Active Secret Clearance
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering plus 1 year minimum of relevant experience implementing and testing real-time software for demanding physical environments and high-reliability applications such as a space-based, space flight, underwater, or aerospace systems OR Associates Degree plus 3 years minimum experience.
- Hands-on real-world experience with software development, static analysis, and test tools as detailed below.
- Developing code, testing tools & scripts, designing, testing, benchmarking, and programming software for a Microchip embedded microcontroller for a hard real-time (time-deterministic) environment using C/C++ and Python languages.
- Creating and executing static analysis and automated testing scripts for high-reliability applications Integration and testing of the software while utilizing and controlling the hardware in a laboratory setting.
- Familiarity with various types of laboratory instrumentation, including oscilloscopes, waveform function generators, logic analyzers, frequency counters, and meters.
- Hands-on experience and a strong desire to work on all aspects of software development including architecting, design, analysis, implementation, integration with the hardware, and test in a laboratory setting.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong preference for experience with high-reliability real-time software development & test for space flight systems
- Desirable but not strictly required; DevOps, Matlab, Simulink, PSpice, VxWorks or real-time Linux, electronic design for digital, analog, mixed signal, and power conditioning
Req ID: 3925
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.