Solidus is searching for an Embedded Software Engineer.
The successful candidate will join a group that is focused on the synthesis of dynamic and complex control and autonomous systems, from concept to realization, for a wide variety of prototypes. Work with multi-disciplinary teams to envision and create complex demonstration prototypes (primarily unmanned) and innovative solutions to challenging national security problems. The group is a dynamic group where learning new things and sharing knowledge is an important part of our culture. The successful candidate will apply their expertise to a new domain or new mission area and help create first-time prototypes that move in every physical domain.
- Contribute to research, prototyping, and verification efforts that integrate electrical systems, embedded systems, and software interfaces to meet challenging operational requirements.
- ship and the ability to obtain a DoD Clearance
- BS +2 years of experience, MS preferred
- Embedded system development.
- Knowledge of programing in an object-oriented language such as C++ / C# / Java
- Knowledge of scientific scripting programming such as matlab
- Agile Development methodologies, experience with version control.
2 Years Experience with:
* Real-Time Embedded Systems such as RTOS, VxWorks, Xenomai, Linux
* Real-Time Software/Hardware
* Software Documentation
* C/C++ Programming
* Embedded Software
* Object Oriented Software Design and Development
* Software Design/Development
* Configuration Management Tools (GIT, SVN)
* VxWorks experience
* Software Testing
- Understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the following topics
* research, prototyping, and verification efforts that integrate electrical systems, embedded systems, and software interfaces to meet challenging operational requirements.
- Experience with Space Systems
- Experience with Matlab, Ruby, Git
- Experience with embedded communication protocols
- Experience using hardware-in-the-loop systems.
Req ID: 4108
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.