Embedded Software Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT
Position Requirements- General
- Must be resident of US
- Must have security clearance or be able to get security clearance
- Must be willing to work onsite in Salt Lake City, UT
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or EE with embedded software experience, or work experience equivalency
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills required
- Must be able to function well in a team environment
Embedded Software Engineer Position Requirements:
- 4+ years’ embedded software engineering experience
- Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review techniques
- Solid Programming experience in C and C++
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Excellent knowledge of operating systems, VxWorks, Linux, GreenHills Integrity, Unix, Windows and/or other signal processing, control systems, digital video/audio, working knowledge of networking, TCP/IP/UDP, RS-232, low-level driver development and/or 1553 protocol a plus
- An understanding of Common Datalink Waveforms a plus
- Experience in configuring and patching U-boot and Linux for an embedded system
- Experience in configuring the root file system for an embedded system
- Experience with Linux device trees
- Experience with Linux boot process on an embedded system
- Experience with BASH scripting
- Experience with designing and implementing software for embedded devices from requirements to production using C and C++ in a cross compiled environment
- Experience with assessing third party and open source software license documentation
- Preferred experience or familiarity in PetaLinux, Yocto, VxWorks, Linus driver development, Buildroot, jffs2/UBI/ubifs, Busybox, and Board bring-up / JTAG
- Preferred experience debugging hardware
- Preferred familiarity with code revision management tools such as Git/Bitbucket/Clearcase
- Advanced degrees preferred
Why Solution Stream?
- At SolutionStream our team members are at the top of their game in technology, work ethic, and personal interaction. And we love what we do.
- All the fun and variety of consulting but, as a full-time employee with competitive pay, benefits and 401k matching.
- We care about our employees; we like to have fun. SolutionStream company events include family Lagoon day, family Imax movie night, Halloween party, spouse appreciation dinner, and Christmas gifts for employees.