We are looking for a team player with solid technical skills to add to our core engineering team. Candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed on new technologies quickly. Good communication skills, great problem solving skills, and the ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment are required. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the smartest team and the very latest technology, then this is the job for you!
This is an entry to mid-level cross-functional engineering position, developing embedded software for our satellite products on a Linux platform. The position provides an excellent opportunity to learn or expand embedded system development skills.
iDirect Government is a leading ground systems provider to the military satellite industry. They offer platforms connecting a variety of satellite constellations with an array of remote terminals. Terminals are installed on aircraft, maritime vessels, and other ground-based military and government assets. These terminals provide internet and voice capabilities to remote and austere locations.
- Design, develop, test and integrate iDirect embedded software
- Act as a member of an Agile scrum team
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Entry to five years of related embedded software development
- Understanding of embedded hardware design and architecture
- C/C++ object oriented design and development
- Linux or a POSIX O/S environment
Additional experience in the following areas is a plus
- Embedded development including hardware debug, low-level device drivers, kernel modules, and real-time constraints
- Knowledge of FPGA design and test
- Experience with cross-functional (hardware/firmware/software) development and verification
- Knowledge of communications and/or networking protocols
- Experience with shell scripting, Perl, Lua, or Python
- Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Software, Systems, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or other technical field.
Clearance- Active DoD clearance or ability to obtain a DoD clearance
iDirect Government is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.