This position has the potential to be 1st or 3rd shift. If you candidate is only interested in one shift or another, please mention that on the resume.
AUTOSAR or SAE J1939 experience is a must have.
Client in East Moline, IL is seeking to fill the position of Program and Test Engineer (Off Shift). This role will provide troubleshooting, problem diagnosis & problem-solving support to manufacturing facility for vehicle/product electrical system, controller programming and product testing operations.
In this role, you will:
• Administer program & test systems usage throughout the facility including proprietary systems such as the Global Factory Programming Tool, JDTester and Smart Test
• Design and implement robust program & test sequences as part of the Order Fulfillment Process (OFP) with cross-functional engineering, manufacturing and quality teams to ensure distinctive levels of product quality
• Be responsible for troubleshooting vehicle electrical systems from electrical wiring, microcontrollers, vehicle communication and embedded software
• Work with Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and Factory Automation Leads to ensure manufacturing and standardization goals are achieved
We need excellent communicators, who thrive on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally you will have a bachelor’s degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline. Equivalent work experience considered in lieu of a four-year degree.
In addition we require:
• 1+ years experience with PLCs
•Ability to understand electrical schematics and diagrams and relate to test stand programming and equipment requirements
• Experience with root cause analysis, equipment/machine troubleshooting and diagnostics
• Ability to work 3rd shift
• Strong interpersonal skills to obtain information from a variety of sources including ability to communicate and coordinate his/her activities with management, production and maintenance supervisors, process and product engineers, production and skilled trades personnel, and outside contractors and suppliers.
A strong candidate will also have:
• Knowledge of electrical systems design standards, common practices, engineering and measurement tool
• Experience with SQL Server based software
• 2 or more years of experience in manufacturing, engineering, quality, or equivalent experience
• Experience in one or more related engineering areas: electrical, controls, computer, and manufacturing
• Experience with AUTOSAR or SAE J1939