A growing company in Philadelphia is hiring an Embedded Linux Engineer with mid- to senior-level experience in embedded systems and Kernel development.
This startup is fully backed and has recently made waves in the industry with some well-known investors. Their mission is to create devices that make machinery safer to the professionals who operate them. Their devices are a mix of IoT and remote-control products that will enable their customers to safely operate heavy machinery across various industries. With some new and exciting projects in pipeline with Cybersecurity, Mobile and Cloud platforms, this Embedded Linux Engineer will be critical in the integration of their new systems within wireless and wired networks.
You will be leveraging multiprocessing systems to optimize network performance as they deploy the next generation of their products. Strong experience with low level C and C++, as well as Kernerl development is required to be successful in the role. This is an excellent opportunity to work for an embedded-focused company and continue to challenge and develop your skill set in modern technologies with a company where growth is unlimited.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-6 years of experience in Linux kernel and driver development experience
- Familiarity with IP-based networking and associated software development
- C/C++ development experience
- Prior experience with various protocols including TCP/IP
- Experience with Git, BitBucket, etc.
- Excellent communication, both written and oral
- Demonstrated passion for the industry and your work
Desired Skills & Experience
- Software development or scripting in Python
- Hardware-based Security, e.g. TrustZone
- Prior industry experience
- BS or MS in Computer, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Linux kernel development
- 40% Embedded C++/C (Python)
- Competitive Salary: Up to $135K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Remote work flexibility (Remote to start)
- Equity/Stock Options
- 401(k) with company match
- Excellent work culture
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.