We currently are seeking mid-level and Senior-Level Embedded Systems Engineers. These are long-term opportunities with a large, stable organization.
Design and program real-time embedded systems in C++ for complex machine vision and control applications in Linux/Unix environment. Familiar with the entire software development process including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration and test. Operate independently with minimal direction/supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly technical environment and work on multiple concurrent, cross-functional projects. Highly self-motivated and have a fundamental understanding of real-time embedded systems that include micro-controller and embedded systems software development tools and methodologies. Understand hardware-software interactions and have skills to perform hands-on functional debugging.
Required Skills/Experience –
1) 5-20 yrs real-time & embedded software engineering experience
2) Experience programming in C++
3) Process oriented and strong in documentation
4) Understand the concepts of how S/W interfaces with the hardware and how to ADD features to a large block of code when needed
5) Ability to write software design documents, test plans/procedure and be comfortable running unit tests on target hardware
6) Ability to narrow the scope of the work from a huge S/W source and document a portion of the assignment/code
7) Familiarity with scripting languages for data processing and test automation (e.g. Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash).
8) Experience developing on both Linux/Unix platforms and RTOSs (like VxWorks)
Desired Skills/Experience –
1) Strong analytical capability and experience
2) Working knowledge of control systems and MatLab